United Welsh boost the Wellbeing 4U service through Elemental partnership
Wellbeing 4U is delivered in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan in South Wales by Thrive, the team that manages specialist accommodation and support services for housing association United Welsh on behalf of Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.
As well as offering one-to-one support and signposting, the Wellbeing 4U team also provide health programmes and courses through The Healthful Network.
People can be referred to use the service through their GP or other primary health care workers, or alternatively can refer themselves through their own GP surgery.
Demonstrating outcomes and streamlining referrals
The Wellbeing 4U team help citizens create positive health changes, access the services they need, and support them with:
- Enhancing their health and lifestyle e.g. nutrition, exercise, motivation and behaviour change
- Supporting their mental health
- Connecting to advice and support services i.e. financial services, housing, family, carers
“We decided to go with Elemental as a service provider because they provide an established platform with evidence of partnership working and supporting outcomes. The main reasons to utilise this platform is to aid our service in demonstrating outcomes from our signposting, assisting reporting and streamlining our referral pathway.’’ Emma South, Health and Wellbeing Lead, United Welsh
Using Elemental’s Core platform, the Wellbeing 4U team can now:
- Streamline referrals
- Connect patients to suitable social prescribing programmes in their communities more effectively
- Evaluate the impact of a referral for an individual or across a community cohort and demonstrate outcomes through reporting
- Contribute to achieving public health objectives
- Reduce avoidable GP appointments; saving time, cost and resources
- Easily manage everything from within our Core platform, meaning a seamless and simplified user journey
“We’re really excited about this partnership with United Welsh because they share our vision for reducing health inequalities in their communities and have already established the fantastic Wellbeing 4U service. We’re looking forward to being able to help them demonstrate the impact of their social prescribing programmes and celebrate their success with them.” Leeann Monk Ozgul, Elemental CEO