This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Tester to join a rapidly expanding scaleup company operating across the UK and Ireland, to test our industry-leading software in a full-time position.
Who are we?
Elemental Software is a Tech For Good organisation based in Derry City with the purpose of empowering community health by creating meaningful connections between people and their communities to address the root cause of health inequalities.
Elemental’s social prescription software was developed to address an increasing demand to deliver more effective social prescribing programmes and support the issues beyond clinical needs that impact on health and well being.
“Social prescribing sometimes referred to as community referral is a means of enabling GPs, nurses and other primary care professionals to refer people to a range of local, non-clinical services” – The King’s Fund
The cloud based software makes it easier for health and social care professionals to prescribe a patient-centric, non-medical prescription for a suite of quality assured, locally based, lifestyle interventions, enabling a reduction in health risks and long term demands on health services.
What can you expect from the role?
The role based in the Elemental HQ in Derry City, will involve working closely with a team of Software Developers to ensure the software testing roadmap is delivered, contributing to the delivery of the company’s overall objectives.
As a software tester, you will be working alongside a team of developers, testers, and a product owner. This role will involve:
- Analysing business requirements, and designing the corresponding test cases, test data
- Test Case documentation
- Testing software
- Identification and logging of software defects
- Creating software test reports
- Defect management
- Contribute to product quality and improvement
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance processes and methodology
- Capability to manage your own time such
- Commercial experience in a Software Testing/QA Position
- ISTQB Foundation or Intermediate
- Relevant 3rd Level qualification
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for the quality assurance of software solutions
- Ability to communicate across teams
Desirable criteria include:
- Experience of working with public, community and voluntary sector partnerships
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- An interest in health innovation
- Solid Experience writing automation tests for native iOS and Android applications in Java
Salary Range: £23,000 – £28,000 Per Annum
- A workplace with people who genuinely care about what they do and the impact they have on transforming people’s health and wellbeing
- Being part of a team that is directly connected to the growth and the overall success of the company
- Motivating salary
- Friendly and fast paced atmosphere
- Part of an award winning scale up company
If you think you’ve got what it takes and are up for a challenge, email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a covering letter summarising how you meet the criteria associated with the role and your cv (2 pages maximum).
Closing date: 30th April 2018 at 12 noon.
*Elemental Software welcomes applications from all sections of the community
*Essential criteria may be enhanced at the shortlisting phase