This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Software Developer to join a rapidly expanding scaleup company operating across the UK and Ireland as we search for a Junior Software Developer to test our industry-leading software in a full-time position.
Who are we?
Elemental Software is a Tech For Good organisation based in Derry City with the purpose of empowering community health by creating meaningful connections between people and their communities to address the root cause of health inequalities.
Elemental’s social prescription software was developed to address an increasing demand to deliver more effective social prescribing programmes and support the issues beyond clinical needs that impact on health and well being.
“Social prescribing, sometimes referred to as community referral, is a means of enabling GPs, nurses and other primary care professionals to refer people to a range of local, non-clinical services” – The King’s Fund
The cloud based software makes it easier for health and social care professionals to prescribe a patient-centric, non medical prescription for a suite of quality assured, locally based, lifestyle interventions, enabling a reduction in health risks and long term demands on health services.
What can you expect from the role?
The role will involve working closely with Elemental’s co-founders and Senior development team to ensure the software development roadmap is delivered, contributing to the delivery of the company’s overall objectives.
The essential criteria associated with this role includes:
- Knowledge of Java
- Able to adapt to multiple languages/technologies
- Experience of working in a software development project environment
- Solution-orientated with a dynamic and logical approach to fulfilling requirements
- Excellent communications ability and drive
- A self-starter and team player with effective prioritisation skills
Desirable criteria include:
- Full Stack Development
- Object Oriented thinking
- Relational database knowledge (MySQL, MariaDB)
- Experience with open source technologies (Apache Commons, etc)
- Experience with ElasticSearch would be very advantageous
- Experience in designing and working with REST APIs
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Experience of working within public, community and voluntary sector partnerships
- An interest in health innovation
- App (iPhone/Android) development experience.
Salary Range: £23,000 – £28,000 Per Annum
- A workplace with people who genuinely care about what they do and the impact they have on transforming people’s health and wellbeing
- Being part of a team that is directly connected to the growth and the overall success of the company
- Motivating salary
- Friendly and fast paced atmosphere
- Part of an award winning scale up company
If you think you’ve got what it takes and are up for a challenge email email@example.com and attach a covering letter summarising how you meet the criteria associated with the role and your cv (2 pages maximum).
Closing date: 30th April 2018 at 12 noon.
*Elemental Software welcomes applications from all sections of the community
*Essential criteria may be enhanced at the shortlisting phase