Elemental publish two Greater London Authority Commissioned reports
Focusing on the role of the VCSE sector and Digital Solutions in social prescribing
We’re extremely proud to have been working with Greater London Authority on co-designing a vision for Social Prescribing across London. The vision is due to be launched in Autumn 2018
As part of our involvement in the programme, we were commissioned to research and present two reports, focusing on two areas of effective social prescription delivery: the role of the Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprise sector and the role that digital has in mainstreaming social prescribing.
‘It has been an honour and a privilege to support the Mayor of London and his vision for social prescribing across London. It’s about bringing people and places together through better partnership working and connecting people. We’d like to thank everyone who contributed to the development of these reports, especially Phil Veasey and Martin Bell for their support, knowledge and expertise.” Jennifer Neff, Co-founder and Co CEO of Elemental Software
VCSE Sector Engagement and Social Prescribing
This report, commissioned by the GLA, looks at the role of the voluntary,community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector in scaling social prescribing in London – in particular, the role of the sector in effective delivery of services, the challenges
and opportunities the sector faces and the support required, as well as outlining its future role.
In order to compile the report, extensive consultation and engagement was carried out that included interviews, workshops and deep dive compilations of good practice case studies and brief summaries (ones to watch) with over 100 experts –predominantly across the VCSE sector but also statutory-sector commissioners and representatives of the health and social care sectors.
Social Prescribing and the Digital Landscape
This report into digital and information technology and how it can support social prescribing, forms part of the overall report for the Greater London Authority for the Mayor’s vision around social prescribing, and should be read in conjunction with that.
The report takes a detailed summary approach to:
- Set the context for what we will cover in terms of digital and information technology
- Examine what the digital and information technology landscape looks like across relevant sectors involved in delivering social prescribing
- Introduce the Digital Maturity Index for social prescribing, developed by Elemental Software, to show the potential measurement of progress along the journey
- Suggest a roadmap for digital social prescribing and digital supporting social prescribing
- Draw on expert witness knowledge from a series of conversations with those involved in making the digital social prescribing market
- a detailed look at the primary care landscape, as there is a critical link between GPs and social prescribing, although social prescribing stretches across all sectors
“We set Elemental a very complex task to engage with key stakeholders across London to look at how we can scale social prescribing to support the most disadvantaged Londoners. I have been very impressed by their diligence, knowledge and ability to work to very effectively to very short timescales. These reports are two of the key building blocks which will enable the GLA, the NHS and other key partners to develop a social prescribing vision for London.” Jill Wiltshire, Senior Policy and Programmes Officer, Healthy Communities, GLA