WE’RE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE HAVE ENHANCED THE ELEMENTAL CONNECTOR MEANING OVER 100 PRIMARY CARE NETWORKS AND OVER 4,300 GPS ARE NOW ABLE TO PUSH AND PULL DATA ON PATIENT REFERRALS MADE VIA EMIS.
During the Pandemic NHS resources have been stretched worryingly thin with GPs under a huge amount of pressure to make the right call in order to keep patients safe and to ease the strain on the front line and ensure patients get the care they need.
TAKING SOCIAL PRESCRIBING TO THE NEXT LEVEL
“The new functionality that Elemental has developed is going to take social prescribing to the next level. The fact that GPs can now see the uptake and impact of the social prescribing referrals they make, within the patient record in EMIS Web is groundbreaking. It will further strengthen the relationship we have with the community and voluntary sector and benefit our patients considerably.” Dr Rajesh Rajan, GP CWP Westminster Surgery, Clinical Director of Primary Care, CWP NHSFT
Elemental is a digital social prescribing platform used by over 1,500 Social Prescribing Link Workers across the UK and Ireland. Elemental is the only social prescribing platform to feature in GP IT Futures, formerly GPsoC, as a GP IT system supplier that was in the first tranche of organisations to be awarded a place on the new framework.
Leeann Monk Ozgul, Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer at Elemental, said: “For the last three years we have been working in partnership with 1000s of forward-thinking GPs across the UK who use our existing integration within EMIS. The feedback from the GPs has been great as they said it has made it so much easier for them to refer their patients into their local social prescribing hubs. However, with the introduction of the PCN DES Funding for social prescribing, there were extra reporting demands on the PCNs time so we worked with a number of GPs to co-design how Elemental could enhance their current integration to make reporting for them much easier whilst also ensuring their patients were fully supported by providing the PCNs with a 360-degree view of a Social Prescribing journey. Here we are today telling you all about this exciting new integration enhancement.”
WHAT IS THE ELEMENTAL CONNECTOR?
The Elemental Connector is a unique two-way integration between EMIS Web and Elemental that has been accredited and approved by EMIS so that GPs and others using EMIS Web in your practice can:
- Make an express referral for a patient to Social Prescribing Link Workers working in practices or remotely in the community within 3 clicks
- Check on the uptake of the social prescribing referral without leaving your EMIS system with social prescribing SNOMED codes and information about the referral being pushed back into the patient record
- Report on the success of the PCN DES Funding for social prescribing
- Get a true reflection on what happens as a result of the referral beyond the GP practice
- Better support their patients with their social needs
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
- You have access to technology that makes the whole referral process easier, more secure and more accountable
- Your local Social Prescribing Link Workers can work remotely using the technology and don’t have to be in the GP practice
- You can get a better understanding of what’s available in your local community and what the patient feedback is on engaging with these services
- There is now a way to better support your patients with the social issues that they face as social prescribing has been proven to improve people’s wellbeing, reduce health risks and reduce the frequency of GP appointments
“This is a great opportunity to see the outcomes of the holistic care that our patients receive as a result of our referrals within our very limited 10-minute windows.”
Dr Faisal Maassarani, GP Partner, Dr Maasarani and Partners & Co-founder Care Merseyside
WHO ARE ELEMENTAL?
We are Elemental, an award-winning tech for good company with the purpose of empowering and enabling individuals, families and their carers to better connect into community-based programmes, services and interventions that make a positive impact on their lives.
We are a team of passionate community impact professionals who genuinely care about community health and well-being and reducing health inequalities.
FIND OUT MORE
If you’d like to find out how Elemental can enhance and scale the impact of social prescribing in your communities, get in touch or pop your details below to request a 1-1 online demo of the Elemental Platform and the Elemental Connector.