With the aim of bringing all providers and commissioning organisations in Sunderland together to deliver the most personalised, proactive and joined-up care possible for people in the City, Sunderland Altogether Better Alliance (ATB) have partnered with Elemental to pilot digital social prescribing within their existing services in the North Primary Care Network.
Link Workers employed in the North Primary Care Network will be testing Elemental’s Core digital platform as a 6 month pilot, which is integrated with the EMIS Web clinical system used by 7 local GP practices. The platform enables GPs in PCNs to refer patients into local social prescribing programmes in just three clicks, as well as manage, measure, track and report on the uptake and impact of referrals.
All Together Better is an alliance of commissioners and providers working together across organisational boundaries to better join up health and care services and improve health outcomes for people living in Sunderland.
“We want to provide more care in the right place, at the right time,by the most appropriate healthcare professionals within our local communities. As part of this, we will be exploring innovative ways of working for social prescribing services, embracing new technology where appropriate. Piloting Elemental will enable the first step of this journey to evaluate a platform that connects all stakeholders, allows us to report on attendance figures and, enables us to plan and resource a phased upscale of the social prescribing model for the city.” Tara Burrell, ATB Social Prescribing Lead
Delivering better health and care to the people of Sunderland by:
- Creating a healthy city with more people living healthier, longer lives
- Providing outstanding care – every time, for everyone and reducing inequality
- Delivering high-quality services through effective partnerships
- Improving system efficiency by delivering innovative, financially and clinically sustainable services
ELEMENTAL’S CORE PLATFORM INCLUDES A RANGE OF FEATURES INCLUDING:
- REFERRAL GENERATIONVia a browser on a desktop, mobile device or within specific Clinical Systems. GPs and Multi Disciplinary team can make referrals safely and seamless within their clinical system via the Elemental Connector – saving time and providing an update on the uptake and impact of the referral
- HEALTH RISK ANALYSISEnabling Social Prescribing Link Workers to help patients to better understand their health risk and see the impact that their engagement in social prescribing is having on their health and wellbeing
- SOCIAL PRESCRIPTION GENERATORPutting the patient at the centre of their health and wellbeing plan by connecting them to a range of quality assured, community based lifestyle interventions
- ATTENDANCE TRACKERFacilitate, track, and measure attendance rates of patients across multiple community based lifestyle intervention providers
- HEALTH IMPACT MEASUREMENTTrack a patient’s health and wellbeing improvement journey in real time and in line with their identified health risks
- ENHANCED DIRECTORY OF SERVICES -A live and interactive hyper local database of services that you and/or your provider partners can maintain. Agree a level of quality assurance that provides those referring into your programmes with the confidence that they need. Bring providers together and distinguish between face to face support, COVID support and online/ telephone support.
- AGGREGATE REPORTSProvides accurate comparative epidemiological information to facilitate greater reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of programmes and interventions
- INTEROPERABILITYVia our (rest) API, connect with existing platforms to push and pull specific data sets relating to population health
- SELF-REFERRAL MODULEPatients will be able to self-refer themselves to their local social prescribing programme and request specific support that they require
By embracing the power of digital and recognising the benefits associated with digital social prescribing in particular, Sunderland All Together Better Alliance can explore how to maximise the impact and investment in the health and wellbeing of the people of Sunderland and enable social prescribing providers to empower, support and connect more patients to engage in personalised programmes in their communities.
“We are delighted to announce this pilot partnership with the Sunderland All Together Better Alliance – our first customer in the North East of England. We are inspired by their desire to find new ways of working, new technologies and improved planning in order to keep people as well as possible and out of hospital. We can’t wait until they can begin reporting on the impacts they are already making, through the Elemental digital platform.” – Leeann Monk-Ozgul, Elemental CEO and Co-Founder.
FIND OUT MORE
If you’d like to find out how Elemental can enhance and scale the impact of social prescribing in your communities, get in touch or pop your details below to request a 1-1 online demo.