With the aim of improving quality of life for people who face common challenges with illness, isolation and finance, One Health Lewisham has partnered with Elemental to embed digital social prescribing into their existing services, for all residents in Lewisham.
Link workers within One Health Lewisham are now using the Elemental Core digital platform as a pilot, which is integrated with the EMIS systems of 37 local GP practices. The platform enables residents to be referred into local social prescribing programmes, or they will be able to avail of the ‘Self Refer’ option which allows residents to refer themselves into local activities and programmes – One Health Lewisham will be one of the first Elemental projects to go live with this feature.
One Health Lewisham is a GP federation of 37 General Practices in Lewisham which cares for more than 300,000 people. Their vision is to empower primary care, working in partnership with the GPs and Age UK Lambeth and Southwark to facilitate and support access to the best care for everyone.
“Lewisham already has the benefit of social prescribing services commissioned by the council. Our six PCNs were recruiting Link Workers as part of the new DES requirements and we wanted Lewisham residents to benefit from an integrated service.” – Prad Velayuthan, One Health Lewisham
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE NEW SOCIAL PRESCRIBING SERVICE ARE TO:
- Supporting and sustaining general practice
- Be innovative and act as a pioneer in the shift to digital care
- Equity of quality and access to care for every Lewisham resident
- Enable and facilitate members and their primary care networks to play their role in delivering better, more effective care
- Make connections and build relationships between our members, place and the wider ICS
- To be ourselves sustainable and a positive force for change
ELEMENTAL’S CORE PLATFORM INCLUDES A RANGE OF FEATURES INCLUDING:
- REFERRAL GENERATIONVia a browser on a desktop, mobile device or within specific Clinical Systems. Referrals can be made within 45 seconds and sent instantly. Referrals are tracked, viewed and analysed
- HEALTH RISK ANALYSISHelping patients to better understand their health risk and track their health risk status using validated monitoring tools
- SOCIAL PRESCRIPTION GENERATORReferring patients to range of quality assured community based lifestyle interventions
- ATTENDANCE TRACKERFacilitate, track, and measure attendance rates of patients across multiple community based lifestyle intervention providers
- HEALTH IMPACT MEASUREMENTTrack a patient’s health and wellbeing improvement journey in real time and in line with their identified health risks
- ENHANCED DIRECTORY OF SERVICES -Enables accredited VCSE providers to create and edit database of venues and interventions as well as allocate appropriate facilitators
- AGGREGATE REPORTSProvides accurate comparative epidemiological information to facilitate greater reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of programmes and interventions
- INTEROPERABILITYVia our (rest) API, connect with existing platforms to push and pull specific data sets relating to population health
- SELF-REFERRAL MODULEPatients will be able to self-refer and explore activities to promote and improve their health and wellbeing
By embracing the power of digital and recognising the benefits associated with digital social prescribing in particular, One Health Lewisham can now maximise the impact and investment in the health and wellbeing of older residents and enable social prescribing providers to empower, support and connect more residents to engage in personalised programmes in their communities.
“Elemental was considered to be the best way to achieve this integration, and One Health Lewisham chose to invest in this Elemental digital pathway which integrates with the residents usual GP through EMIS. We allowed all stakeholders including existing services to use the system for management of user caseloads.
“It has been welcomed as an enabler for service transformation and we are working closely with Elemental to implement our self-referral module which will allow patients to self-refer directly into our hub.” – Prad Velayuthan, One Health Lewisham
“We are delighted to announce this partnership with One Health Lewisham. The work they have been doing to meet nationwide social and economic challenges with local knowledge and expertise has been invaluable to residents. We can’t wait until they can begin reporting on the impacts they are already making, through the Elemental digital platform.” – Jennifer Neff, Elemental CEO and Co-Founder
FIND OUT MORE
If you’d like to find out how Elemental can enhance and scale the impact of social prescribing in your communities, get in touch or pop your details below to request a 1-1 online demo.