CITY OF LONDON AND AGE UK EAST LONDON (AUKEL) HAVE PARTNERED WITH ELEMENTAL TO DESIGN AND DELIVER AN INTERACTIVE CITY AND COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS SERVICE.
This new online service will link people to health and wellbeing services in the Square Mile and has been established with the aim to empower individuals and support community integration across three hubs.
The City and Community Connections Service will not only benefit service users but also the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the wider community within the City of London.
- 5 hospitals across East. London, linking patients back into the community post-discharge
- Outcomes: 3.5% readmission rate; independence; admission avoidance; reduction in need for social care package
ROYAL LONDON HUB
- A single point of contact, coordinating care pathways from hospital back into the community for patients, carers and relatives
- Referrals to Handyperson, Befriending, Linkage+ (community-based well-being activities), Information and Advice, Advocacy, Last Years of Life support etc
- Outcomes: remaining independent; better info about / access to local services
LINKAGE+ WELL-BEING HUB
- Referrals from social prescribers and individuals
- Linking individuals to outreach workers to assess and support access to services
- Serving 300+ vulnerable adults per annum
- Outcomes: reduction in loneliness and isolation with 91% of participants stating “Using LinkAge Plus services has made me feel less isolated and lonely”; remaining independent with 85% stating “The support I get helps me to stay as independent as possible”; Feeling safe with 92% stating that they feel safer
PARTNERING WITH ELEMENTAL TO EMBED DIGITAL SOCIAL PRESCRIBING
- Connect all residents and workers to the support and services they need
- Co-ordinate service providers along a unified referral pathway with automatic feedback and outcomes monitoring
- Lead a whole system approach to the alignment of services with people in their community
Larissa Howells, Director of Services at Age UK East London said, “We’re excited about being able to build resilience in the community sector through joining it up and offering outcomes data across the whole community of providers. There has been an innovative and justified approach to building the system in direct response to need.”
“Elemental’s Core social prescribing platform is intuitive, flexible and easy to tailor to the project which supports the organic development of a genuinely supportive and accessible community ecosystem.”
EMBRACING THE POWER OF DIGITAL
By embracing the power of digital and recognising the benefits associated with digital social prescribing in particular, City of London and Age UK East will be able to maximise the impact and investment in community health and wellbeing and enable partners in the VCSE sector to empower, support and connect more patients and citizens to engage in personalised programmes in their communities. Elemental’s Core platform includes a range of features including:
- INTEROPERABILITYVia our (rest) API, connect with existing platforms to push and pull specific data sets relating to population health
- AGGREGATE REPORTSProvides accurate comparative epidemiological information to facilitate greater reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of programmes and interventions.
- ENHANCED DIRECTORY OF SERVICESEnables accredited VCSE providers to create and edit database of venues and interventions as well as allocate appropriate facilitators.
- ATTENDANCE TRACKERFacilitate, track, and measure attendance rates of citizens across multiple community based lifestyle intervention providers.
- SOCIAL PRESCRIPTION GENERATORReferring citizens to range of quality assured community based lifestyle interventions.
- HEALTH RISK ANALYSISHelping citizens to better understand their health risk and track their health risk status using validated monitoring tools.
- REFERRAL GENERATIONVia a browser on a desktop, mobile device or within specific Clinical Systems. Referrals can be made within 45 seconds and sent instantly. Referrals are tracked, viewed and analysed.
- SELF-REFERRAL MODULECitizens will be able to self-refer and explore activities to promote and improve their health and wellbeing
- HEALTH IMPACT MEASUREMENTTrack a citizen’s health and wellbeing improvement journey in real time and in line with their identified health risks.
“We’re really impressed at City of London’s innovative approach to social prescribing and personalised care, they’ve really embraced the power of digital and created a seamless referral pathway for their citizens via their City and Community Connections Service. This solution creates a much welcomed direct link for people into health and wellbeing services in the Square Mile, and we can’t wait to see the impacts and outcomes that will no doubt derive from this service.” Jennifer Neff, Elemental CEO and Co-Founder
FIND OUT MORE
If you’d like to find out how you can take your social prescribing service to the next level drop us a line or pop your details below to request a 1-1 demo online.