Finance and Administration Executive
Elemental Software - The Social Prescribing Company
Based in Derry / Londonderry
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised Finance and Administration Assistant to join a rapidly expanding scaleup company operating across the UK and Ireland.
Who are we?
Elemental Software is a Tech For Good company based in Derry and Dubai with the purpose of empowering community health by creating meaningful connections between people and their communities to address the root cause of health inequalities.
Elemental’s social prescription software was developed to address an increasing demand to deliver more effective social prescribing programmes and support the issues beyond clinical needs that impact on health and well being.
“Social prescribing, sometimes referred to as community referral, is a means of enabling GPs, nurses and other primary care professionals to refer people to a range of local, non-clinical services” - The King’s Fund
The cloud based software makes it easier for health and social care professionals to prescribe a patient-centric, non medical prescription for a suite of quality assured, locally based, lifestyle interventions, enabling a reduction in health risks and long term demands on health services.
What can you expect from the role?
The role will involve working closely with the co-founders, Board of Directors and our company accountants to ensure the efficient running of Elemental’s back-office operations, the effective control of its financial and human resources in order to contribute to the delivery of the company’s overall commercial objectives.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- To manage the company’s financial affairs to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place.
- To prepare quarterly management accounts and projections and other relevant reports, in consultation with the Co CEOs and other departments, for presentation to the Board of Directors
- To prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and to liaise with the Auditors prior to sign-off
- To supervise the production of regular salary payments and records, National Insurance and pension contributions in accordance with HMRC requirements
- To liaise with Inland Revenue, Customs & Excise and the Auditors, and to ensure completion of PAYE/NIC, VAT and other returns to Companies House
- To ensure that UK and foreign taxes, including UK and overseas VAT and withholding taxes are fully understood and that these are complied with
- To oversee all VAT matters, looking at efficient ways of reducing VAT liability and keeping abreast of current VAT legislation.
- To deal with the company’s bank in respect of payments and receipts, foreign currency rate and currency hedging negotiations. To ensure that all bank accounts and credit card statements are regularly reviewed and reconciled
- To efficiently manage all external contracts, and to ensure that all the Company’s expenditure is correctly authorised and accounted for
- To ensure the overall smooth running of the Company’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness
- To manage, in conjunction with the Co CEO’s, staff contracts and HR matters.
- To manage personnel procedures in relation to recruitment, training, holidays and appraisals, ensuring these are properly documented, and advise on relevant policies
- To maintain a risk register
- To ensure that the Company’s legal responsibilities are met, in particular that all necessary insurance is properly in place
- AND all such other duties as shall be reasonably associated with or incidental to the above matters or as shall, in the course of the employment, be agreed between the parties as being or forming part of the duties
The essential criteria associated with this role includes:
- At least 4 years experience in the role of finance and office administration
- Previous experience of using Xero accounting system
- Previous experience of preparing VAT, HMRC and companies house reports
- Previous experience of preparing grant drawdowns
- Previous experience of preparing board reports
- Good secretarial skills and IT literate including in the use of the Microsoft ‘Office’ suite and G-Suite Office Tools
- Excellent organisational skills – able to manage themselves and others effectively
- Comfortable working with others and on their own
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people
Desirable criteria includes:
- Experience of working within public, community and voluntary sector partnerships
- An interest in health innovation
- A workplace with people who genuinely care about what they do and the impact they have on transforming people’s health and wellbeing
- Motivating salary
- Friendly and fast paced atmosphere
- Growth opportunities
- Being part of a recently funded, award winning ‘scale up’ company
If you think you’ve got what it takes and are up for a challenge email
and attach a covering letter summarising how you meet the criteria associated with the role and your cv (2 pages maximum).
Closing date: 31st July at 12 noon. Interviews being held week beginning 7th August 2017.
* Elemental Software welcomes applications from all sections of the community
* Essential criteria maybe enhanced at the shortlisting phase